- Phoebe is producing a collection of audio stories with Stonnington residents, as part of the Violet & Rose Productions exhibition OPENING MAGGIE’S TRUNK, opening in November.
- It’s all about juggling… writing scripts for some NAB projects while caring for a toddler full time, and loving it.
- Hello! Dipping her toe back into freelance waters, Phoebe is writing a script for a BIG V/Line project.
- Phoebe’s latest and greatest production is due at the end of Jan. She’s on maternity leave until further notice.
JULY – DECEMBER 2015:
- Phoebe is pitching a web series and half hour TV comedy to networks with producer Amanda Reedy for potential production in 2016.
- Phoebe completed her Graduate Diploma in Journalism in RMIT in October, and has begun creating articles and audio documentaries for publications including Arts Hub, Daily Review and ABC Australia Plus.
FEBRUARY – JUNE 2015:
- Phoebe has brokered a coveted broadcast internship with ABC’s 7.30, beginning early 2016.
- Phoebe has been selected for a print internship with the Bendigo Advertiser later this year.
- Invited to join the team at HIJACKED student news website!
- Phoebe is embracing being that annoying mature-aged student who always has an opinion – Semester 1 of a Graduate Diploma in Journalism is almost in the can.
- Phoebe’s summer will be spent refining a treatment document and pilot episode of her TV drama series HOMECOMING.
- Phoebe is developing web series NUMBER 19 and TV comedy series CALL ME NOW with producer Amanda Reedy.
- Phoebe is co-writing a romantic comedy feature film.
- Phoebe’s documentary THE SPECTACLE, created with filmmakers’ collective WHAM BAM, was shortlisted for the Best Factual award at the inaugural Online Video Awards.
- Gearing up for a feature film pitching session next month, via the Australian Writer’s Guild’s PATHWAYS Program.
- Pitching on a new brand TVC for a Perth building company.
- Phoebe directed a new online promo for Leaps and Bounds Music Festival, produced by Little Picture Box.
- Starting Winter with a bang: Phoebe has been approached by a new Perth-based production company for TVC representation in Western Australia.
- Excited to be selected to participate in a TV Directing Masterclass with Nick Bufalo, on the set of Channel 7′s one-hour drama WINNERS AND LOSERS.
- Proud to have my short film ANNA included in the Top 100 at Melbourne’s awesome St Kilda Film Festival.
- A busy month of writing projects and project applications. Fingers crossed!
- SWITCH is a Daily Short Pick on FilmShortage.com!
- Exciting festival news will be announced soon for short film ANNA.
- Phoebe was commissioned to direct the trailer for Red Stitch Theatre’s play THIS YEAR’S ASHES. Written by Jane Bodie, directed by Tim Roseman, and featuring Daniel Fredericksen, Rosie Lockhart and Jeremy Stanford, the piece is equally dark and funny. A cinematic trailer was created to capture the essence of the play, watch it here and catch the play from 19 March – 19 April at Red Stitch.
- The music video for UK artist Thom Cross’s debut single HEAVY SEA, written and directed by Phoebe, was released exclusively on VEVO on 5th February, and clocked up 20,000 views in its first week online!
- Phoebe attends Australian Writers’ Guild’s Pathways program in February, pitching her TV drama concept HOMECOMING to producers.
- Tropfest shortlisted film ANNA has been released online.
- Written and directed by Phoebe Hartley, experimental short film ANNA was shortlisted for Tropfest 2013! Created by WHAM BAM, the film is a stylised tale told entirely in reverse.
- The shortlist was finally announced for Australian Writer’s Guild’s THINK INSIDE THE BOX initiative – Phoebe’s television drama concept and pilot episodeHOMECOMING was shortlisted. Phoebe is subsequently taking part in the AWG’s Pathways Program in Feb 2014.
- Pre-production has begun on HEAVY SEA, a music video for UK artist THOM CROSS. Writer/Director Phoebe Hartley won the job with a surreal treatment that will result in a narrative piece with a dark edge. Production of the video is of course by filmmakers’ collective WHAM BAM.
- Phoebe is teaming up with producer JULIAN V. COSTANZO (Winner Tropfest 2012) on an exciting project, proposed for early 2014.
- SWITCH screens on Friday 11th October at the George Revival cinema in St Kilda, as part of the Girl Rising! Women in Film weekend.
- ANNA is being colour graded by master colourist Vincent Taylor, and sound mixed by the wonderful Matthew Gerber-Corn of Sonic Playground.
- Phoebe undertook the intensive 3 day TV pilot development workshop with guru Ellen Sandler this month.
- After its debut in the collaborative art exhibition CHECK OUT HOW GREAT MY FRIENDS ARE, the long-awaited second episode in Phoebe Hartley’s EXTRAORDINARY documentary series is HEART. The film tells the tale of Melynda and her son Thaddeus’ courageous recovery from a serious medical condition. The film has been released online: watch it here.
- Phoebe’s television concept has been shortlisted for an Australian Writer’s Guild initiative! Official announcement to come.
- Phoebe has been invited to participate in the AWG’s “Pathways” program in October 2013.
- Melbourne filmmakers’ collective WHAM BAM is in post-production on their experimental short drama ANNA, written and directed by Phoebe Hartley.
- Phoebe is a co-founder of Melbourne filmmakers’ collective WHAM BAM. Their short film WET DREAM is a finalist at the Melbourne Water H2O Short Film Festival.
- WHAM BAM’s short film BREAD AND BUTTER, co-directed by Phoebe Hartley and Ben Hall, has exploded onto the festival circuit, with screenings announced in Melbourne, New York and Tahiti!